GF, SF, DF Banana Bread Recipe
Not the most beautiful, but what does that matter?! It is SO good!
You would never know that this banana bread is sans gluten, sugar, and dairy!
- ⅓ cup melted virgin coconut oil
- ⅓ cup honey or maple syrup
- 2 teaspoons organic coconut sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup mashed over-ripe bananas (about 2 ½ medium or 2 large bananas)
- ¼ cup milk of choice (ALB uses almond milk)
- 1 teaspoon organic baking soda
- 1 teaspoon organic vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon himalayan sea salt
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon, plus more to swirl on top
- 1 ¾ cups gluten-free all-purpose or whole wheat flour
- Optional: ½ cup mix-ins like chopped walnuts or pecans, chocolate chips, raisins, chopped dried fruit, fresh banana slices…
- Preheat oven to 325°F (165°C) and grease a 9×5-inch loaf pan. A round or muffin pan works too!
- In a large bowl, beat the oil, honey, and coconut sugar together together with a whisk.
- Add the eggs and beat well, then whisk in the mashed bananas and milk. (If your coconut oil solidifies on contact with cold ingredients, let the bowl rest in a warm place for a few minutes: on top of your stove, or in the microwave for 10 seconds).
- Add the baking soda, vanilla, salt and cinnamon, and whisk to blend.
- Switch to a big spoon and stir in the flour, just until combined. Some lumps are ok!
- Gently fold in your [optional] mix-ins.
- Pour the batter into your greased loaf pan and sprinkle lightly with cinnamon and some of your mix-ins.
- Bake for 55 to 60 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Remove the bread from the oven and let it cool in the loaf pan for 10 minutes.
- Transfer bread to a wire rack to cool for 20 minutes before slicing.
- Slice and enjoy!
Recipe adapted from Cookie and Kate.